Over past few years I have been tracking technology trends, analyzing and love predicting things through posts on this blogs, on twitter or through my annual technology trends & predictions. I recently started tracking them in a attempt to see how good is hit ratio. Here are a few of those that really saw the light of day.
Other Tech Predictions mentioned on this Blog:
- Feb 2010: Social Platform intermediaries in Social Commerce space with no clear value propositions will fail as larger eCommerce players will self-integrate.
May 2011: Blippy / Swipely pivoted from core proposition – sharing purchases.
- May 2011: TRPs will be questioned. Future of TRP is digital. Crowdsourced TRPs,
Aug 2012: NDTV submits a lawsuit against Nielson alleging rigging TRP data.
Oct 2012: Startup iDubba launches iTRPs
Dec 2012: Nielson annouces partnership with Twitter for Twitter based ratings.
- Sept 2011: Google+ will head no where as Social Product
Today: Its evident! When did you last visit your Google+ profile.
From 2012 Tech Predictions:
- April 2012: LinkedIn will acquire SlideShare
May 2012: Yes, LinkedIn acquired SlideShare for $119 Mn
- April 2012: Indian Ecommerce will see Acqui-hires
May 2012: Snapdeal acquires eSportsBuy and then shuts it down.
May 2012: Yebhi acquires StylishYou and shuts it down.
Aug 2012: Hushbabies acquires MangoStreet and shuts it down.
Aug 2012: FashionandYou acquires UrbanTouch, UrbanTouch management takes over.
Related Post by me: Why Ecommerce acquisitions make no sense in early stage.
- April 2012: Jabong will be aggressive play by Rocket Internet. Will be in Top 5 Ecommerce players in India
May 2012: NextBigWhat apparently pointed out that they are.
- April 2012: Series B crunch for players focused on vertical ecommerce.
Evident: Many ecommerce startups who raised Series A struggling raising a follow on round.
From 2011 Tech Predictions:
- Jan 2011: VCs will consolidate Indian Ecommerce plays within own portfolio
Feb 2012: Flipkart acquires LetsBuy
Nov 2012: Myntra acquires SherSingh / Exclusively.in
- Jan 2011: A large player will enter Group Buying / Coupons space
May 2011: Times Group enters daily deals business with Times Deal
- Jan 2011: Pubmatic will be acquired
Nov 2011: Rumors of Pubmatic in acquisition talks by Amazon. Pubmatic turned it down for IPO
- Jan 2011: AdMax Network
Feb 2012: Hinted towards AdMax Network in SE Asia which leveraged local inventory and is a leader in these countries. While I expected something like this to happen in India, interestingly Komli acquired AdMax (No direct prediction here).